Sunday, October 12, 2014

TJ Mackay


Today, I would like to welcome InD'Tale Magazine's Editor-in-Chief, TJ Mackay!

Tell us a little bit about the inspiration for your Magazine?

The inspiration came a few years ago while I was working as the special features editor in a traditionally published magazine.  Kindle and Self publishing was going crazy but there was no venue where those authors could get quality book reviews and promotion. Many were contacting me asking if I could help and a lot of them were just as good (if not better in some cases) than the traditionally published authors I was working with.  Thus... I got this completely crazy idea that I could publish a magazine for all those looking at Indie!


It was great meeting you at our Period Images shoot, and thank you so much for the great review. Just curious what were you expecting prior to coming to our shoot?

Oh my goodness, Jax, thank YOU and all the amazing people we met at Period Images!  It was a day I will never forget!  Honestly, prior to actually experiencing it, I imagined we would go to VJs house (because of candid pictures you guys have posted periodically.)  There would be a photographer and a couple of actors - very laid back and quiet.  WOW, was I wrong!! 

What was your biggest surprise at our shoot?

Honestly, everything was a surprise!  If I had to pick one, however, it would be what absolute, total choreographed mayhem it was!!  There were people everywhere, rushing here, dressing, undressing, eating, hanging out, and everyone was having such a good time.  Everyone was laughing, visiting and totally enjoying each other. 

What was your favorite part of your visit with us?

That is really impossible to answer, there were SO many favorite things that day.  I think the two that stand out, however, are:
 The amazing friendliness of every single person there.  Everyone was so warm and willing to talk, teach and help us.  I knew how sweet VJ is but to have every single model, every seamstress, every helper show us such warmth and friendliness was incredible.
 I love to learn and I learned SO much throughout that day.  From how the talented people create new costumes to how one choreographs the shoots, to how stinking much time goes into make-up!   Now THAT was an eye opener!  I always wondered how actors and models looked so perfect all the time... it’s the make-up artists - they can cover up and create anything! 

It was great having the ladies from InD’tale at our shoot what would you like to see on your next visit that you didn’t have a chance to see on this one?

In looking back at the day, I think the only thing I wished I had been able to do and would like to spend more time learning from was the actual shoot.  I was so amazed and overwhelmed at the sheer immensity of everything going on that I didn’t really sit down and just observe the photo shoots themselves.  The interaction between the models and the photographer would be really interesting to watch and learn from.   But, then again, I would probably be having so much fun if I returned, it wouldn’t matter a piddly what I saw!

Thanks again for chatting with me. I look forward to our next time together!

Thank YOU, Jax for allowing me to visit with you for a few minutes!  I sincerely hope I do get a next time.  You are an amazing bunch and I am honored to have had the pleasure of getting to know you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment